Saturday, August 09, 2008

Red Thread - County Fair

Last night I started on this. I should have finished it weeks ago but I've been really busy working on my dissertation proposal. As you can see I changed the pattern a bit. I replaced the pig with a sheep. I like sheep better. This is a sheep from one of the Little House Needlework patterns. I think I did a good job considering I was watching Supernatural and stitching at two in the morning. We only have 3 squares left to stitch. Most everyone else has already completed the border but I haven't. I've done about a fourth of it, maybe.

Right now I want to start a new project so bad but I have a goal of finishing at least 3 of my WIPs before I can start another one. Right now I am working on the Rainbow Birds for my mother. I have made some progress. I decided to do the backstitching as I go. So I went back and backstitched the butterfly and flowers. After which, I stitched the bird. I'm about halfway through. I have a few more flowers near the bird, another butterfly, and a whole lot of flowers plus another bird at the bottom. My mother loves it and plans on making it into a pillow. Once I finish this one, I am moving on to the Wild West for Mari, my SIL, actually it's for my nephew Theron's room.

Well thanks for stopping by to read my blog. Come back soon.

Sharon

1 comment:

Lisha said...

The sheep is precious. I love it. He fits right in.Love your finishes too. I'd be glad to stitch a square or two on your RR.