Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Birthday Finish

Lizzie Kate's Summer ABC's Snippet
Yesterday was my birthday.  My cousin Liz took me out to Olive Garden for dinner.  We had a great time.  I had Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo while she had the Chicken Alfredo Pizza.  We had the Lemon Creme Pie for dessert.  Yummy!

Afterwards we went back to her house and watch tv.  I had finished about half of this the night before.  I stitched it on 16 ct Aida using the recommended DMC floss.  The difference here is that I used Mill Hill beads for the seeds in the watermelon rather than french knots.  I was going to use black beads but I don't have any (surprising).  So I used dark blue ones.

Today is the first day of my summer class.  I will be teaching College Algebra in the month of June.  Wish me and my students luck.  There is a lot of material for 16 days of class.  But I am ready to get it started.

Well got to go get dressed for class.  Thanks for stopping by


Thursday, May 23, 2013

Quick Stitch

Lizzie Kate's Spring ABC's Snippet

So after finishing Wild West (or Treasure Map),  I needed to stitch something simple.  So I started this pattern Tuesday evening.  I had finished it by Wednesday evening.  I used DMC floss as per the pattern for the letters and the egg at the bottom.  I used Crescent Colours; Tangerine for the carrot.  The fabric used was natural Aida, 16 count.  

At the moment I am pulling thread for the Summer sequel to this one.  I was going to used one hand dyed thread on each of the 4 patterns but the summer one doesn't have a big enough area to call for hand dyed thread.

Also, I have two new additions to my family.  I got two kittens from my brother and his wife.  Here they are:


Aren't they the cutest.  Well Esmeralda (or Cinderella as Leif calls her) is the vocal one.  Periwinkle (or Starlight as Leif calls her) is the adventurous one.  I love having them until 7am when they wake me up plundering.  They are very loving.

Well, thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed reading my post (or at least looking at my pictures).


Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Wild West Finished!! Finally!!

So here is the history behind this pattern.  As I previously stated, my sister-in-law Mari wanted this pattern.  The problem is she doesn't stitch very quickly.  My sister Bridget said "Go ahead and get it.  Sharon will stitch it for you."  Well that was late 2006 or early 2007.  The following pictures are the progression of the pattern through the years.


So first up is a picture from 2007.  I think I started the pattern Easter weekend but am not sure.  This is the first picture I have of the pattern.  I had also blogged on 4/7/2007 about starting the project.  I wrote about how easy this project would be since I had finished half of the 3 large pieces.  Boy was I wrong.

This picture was posted in March 2008.  Notice that the new stuff is the bottom half of the miner.  This pattern was very difficult because you changed colors a lot.

Then in January 2012 I decided to do the 24 pattern challenge (12 new projects & 12 old projects).  So here is what I had completed between 3/2008 and 1/2012. Not a whole lot of new stuff was stitched.  I worked on this project through out 2012 but there were a lot of little areas with several color changes.  It took longer than I planned.

Finally in 2013, I made the decision to complete all started project.  Here is what the project looked like in January 2013.  I started working only on this project.  Which is hard because I really didn't want to work on it.  So instead of cross-stitching, I crocheted instead.  I finished my sister-in-law Mari's afghan (see post First Finish of the Year).


This is what I had completed in March.  I should have completed the entire project by the end of March but again I was being lazy.  The only things left are the stagecoach and the cow skull at this point.  Well, I continued to work on it for the next two months (mainly the last two weeks) and have finished it.

And ta-da.  It is now complete.  I have washed and ironed it.  I will give it to Mari tonight.  She is planning on framing it and put it in the boys room when they finish building it.  So it took me 6 years and 2 months to finish this project.  I am so glad it is done.

Completion Date: 5/21/2013
Pattern: Treasure Map #015-0234 by Janlynn
Designed by: Diana Thomas
Copyright 2006

Thank you for stopping by.

Sharon Clark