Thursday, December 13, 2007

EGA Christmas Ornament

Well I finally finished my ornament for EGA and mailed it to Susan. The pattern is the poinsettia by Brittercup design in the Christmas Ornament Magazine for this year. I stitched it on a 32-count hand dyed solo from Silkweaver using DMC's variation thread Ruby. I also added beads to it and made it into a pillow. I thought that would be an easier way to finish an ornament. Well, it is not. It is hard to hold the fabric while you are stitching the border. Also, you have to make sure that the two fabrics match up. I finished it and am very happy with it. I think I'll stitch one for myself.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Your ornament turned out just fantastic!