Thursday, July 01, 2010

Going to the Movies

Did you know that I have never seen the back of a movie theater in all of my life?  Nope. Never. At least not until Tuesday night.  My friend/cousin Liz's daughter Michelle wanted to go to the midnight showing of "Eclipse".  We bought our tickets on Monday then got to the theater around 9:30 pm (the movie starts at 12:11 am).  The line was already wrapped around to the back.  We had to stand by the dumpster that is about the halfway mark for the building.  When we went to the midnight showing of Transformers 2 it was nothing like this.  Well, they started letting people in around 11.  When we got to the front we could see the end of the line which was near the front doors.  They only let people in on one side but not the other to avoid the end of the line turning around.

Anyway all 18 theaters had "Eclipse" running and every  theater was sold out.  It was an experience that I enjoyed.  Everyone was nice and polite going in and during the movie.  We were worried that the guy above us was going to heckle the movie the entire time but he quieted down when the movie started.  I had a good time.  The movie kept me interested which is hard at midnight (my usual bed time).


We got out of the theater around 2:30 am but sat in the parking lot until about 3.   The traffic was awful.  I didn't get home until 3:40 am.  Thank goodness that I didn't have to work the next morning.  BUT, I was up at 8:00 am. Oh well.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.


Sharon

2 comments:

Jen said...

CRAZY LADIES!!!!!

Shelleen said...

My 20 year old son and I saw it last Thursday and we went at 4:35pm and there was only 6 of us in there lol.