Last week I worked exclusively on my Quaker Owl. As for the head of the owl, I have stitched that thing 3 times. The first time I was completely finished with the right part of the head, the eye and ear on that side. As I was finishing the beak I noticed that it wasn't centered on the circle that is the belly. Soooo, I ripped it out and stitched it again starting at the beak. Then when I was almost finished with the right side of the head I realized that it was one row up. Soooo, I ripped it out and stitched it again. Correctly this time. Why did I rip it? because it is a symmetrical pattern and the mistakes would be obvious. So now I have only the lower left side of the face and the left wing to finish. BUT, I ran out of thread which was a specialty thread. So, today I will go by Shakespeare's Peddler and pick up some of the floss. I wanted to finish it this weekend and complete some other projects but that didn't work. So I hope to finish everything this coming up weekend.
I'm in my last week of classes for summer school. The Lord has blessed me greatly this summer with two summer classes at two different community colleges - one in June and one in July. He has also blessed me this fall with two classes at each school - two on MW at one school and two on TR at the other, along with my tutoring job at Sylvan. I feel very happy and blessed today.
Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings. May your day be wonderful