Saturday, February 18, 2012

Quaker Bat & Orange Sunflowers


Whoo Hoo!! I have finished another project on my list.  I finished the Quaker Bat on Thursday night and Friday morning.  I should have finished it sooner but I ran out of thread.  I started stitching this pattern using Olde Willow Stitchery's Dracula's Cape.  But, I had two skeins from different dye lots.  So, I used a strand from each to stitch the pattern.  I finished the head and the wings before I ran out of one skein.  I started on the lower body and ran out of the 2nd skein.  I have to go to Shakespeare's Peddler and ask Theresa to help me find a close match to finish it.  Well, we choose Galvanized from Weeks Dye Works.  I think we did a great job of matching the previous thread.  The pattern was stitched on Silkweaker's Rock Quarry 28-ct.

Now I want to finish the pattern as  a standup.  I will have to do a little research before I start.


On February 10th, Jennifer, Bridget, Theresa, Mari, Ricky, Dr. Jones, Joree and I went to painting with a Twist to do the Orange sunflowers.  We had a great time except for the fact that our supper- Mexican - took over 2-1/2 hours to eat & pay.  I really didn't like my stems but I like them okay now.  I hope we do this again soon.


For the rest of today I will be crocheting on Hobbie, Michelle, Patrick, and Tucker's projects.  I hope to finish all of them this weekend (my 4-day weekend).

Thanks for stopping by.

Sharon

No comments: