Saturday, February 18, 2012
Quaker Bat & Orange Sunflowers
Whoo Hoo!! I have finished another project on my list. I finished the Quaker Bat on Thursday night and Friday morning. I should have finished it sooner but I ran out of thread. I started stitching this pattern using Olde Willow Stitchery's Dracula's Cape. But, I had two skeins from different dye lots. So, I used a strand from each to stitch the pattern. I finished the head and the wings before I ran out of one skein. I started on the lower body and ran out of the 2nd skein. I have to go to Shakespeare's Peddler and ask Theresa to help me find a close match to finish it. Well, we choose Galvanized from Weeks Dye Works. I think we did a great job of matching the previous thread. The pattern was stitched on Silkweaker's Rock Quarry 28-ct.
Now I want to finish the pattern as a standup. I will have to do a little research before I start.
On February 10th, Jennifer, Bridget, Theresa, Mari, Ricky, Dr. Jones, Joree and I went to painting with a Twist to do the Orange sunflowers. We had a great time except for the fact that our supper- Mexican - took over 2-1/2 hours to eat & pay. I really didn't like my stems but I like them okay now. I hope we do this again soon.
For the rest of today I will be crocheting on Hobbie, Michelle, Patrick, and Tucker's projects. I hope to finish all of them this weekend (my 4-day weekend).
Thanks for stopping by.