Sunday, August 10, 2014

Beginning of August

Hey I have been really busy traveling, moving, and stitching.  My sister Jennifer and I took my parents to Houston, TX.  My dad is 80 years old and his only living sibling of 9 children is 88.  So we went to see Uncle James, Aunt Ruth, their son Ty and his family (wife Cherie and children Haley and Logan).  We drove over from MS, which is a minimum of 8 hours,  on Friday.  We stopped in Lafayette for lunch and ate at Pasado's Mexican Restaurant which we all love.  Then we shopped at Stitch n Frame, the local stitch shop.  I used to go to stitching night once a month there.  We stayed the weekend.  Ty and Cherie cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner for us on Saturday.  My parents had a great time visiting while Jen and I did a little shopping.  They lived in a neighborhood that was near a shopping area.  Loved it!  They had everything that you could need.  Finally we drove home on Sunday.  Again, we stopped in Lafayette for lunch at Texas Roadhouse, my favorite steakhouse.  We had a great time but were all happy to be home.

I spent last week working on an part 1 of JABC's Tuffet's Cupboard.  I finished it last night (Saturday).  When stitching this pattern I chose to use DMC.  I probably should have used specialty threads because of the large blocks of color.  One of the more difficult parts of the pattern was the spool.  This spool of ribbon has little sheep on it that are suppose to be cross-stitched over one.  Well I can't do over one well (I always pull it under the fabric thread) so I just did quarter stitches instead.  It turned out cute.  I have part 2 which I will start on after I finish my Owlscornu.  I plan on ordering part 3 from Theresa's shop.  But as far as I know JABC hasn't released part 4.  I don't know why I love this pattern but it is too cute and has a lot of buttons.  There will be a sheep at the top near the candle looking pattern, a map, a shell and many others.  The sheep looks really good.  I can't wait to finish it.



Today after church I started working on my Owlscornu.  I had already finished the branch the owl stands on in all 4 corners.  Today I finished the 4 blazing blue lizards.  I would have completed more but my sister-in-law Katie asked me to crochet this baby hat.  Well of course I said yes.  You see this baby hat pattern was created by Katie.  She wanted to make sure that the pattern was easy to follow, which it is.  Yes I know that it's too big to be a baby hat.  That is because I used the wrong weight yarn.  But I finished it and the pattern was pretty easy to follow. Here is a picture of the hat on my Chrissy doll that I have had since the 1970's.  She and her original clothes may be a little worn (she's wearing a new dress my sister Bridget gave me), but she did a good job at modeling the hat.  Katie was pretty happy with the results.  I think Chrissy looks cute in the hat.

Soon after I finished the hat everyone left Mom and Dad's house for their own.  I came home and worked on my Owlscornu but I need to go to bed early.  All faculty have to report to work tomorrow at PRCC.  I have an hour's drive to Poplarville in the morning for "Professional Development".  Which brings me to the moving.  I moved offices on Thursday.  I knew that I was going to be moving but I thought it would be sooner.  My new office is not as wide as my old office but it is deeper.  I got all of my stuff in the new office.  So on Tuesday after our campus meeting I will finish unpacking and start preparing for the new school year.

Well got to go.  Got to go to bed so I can get up extra early for me (6:30 am) and get to work.

Thanks for stopping by

Sharon

No comments: