Thursday, January 26, 2017

Twilight Weekend with crocheting

My cousin/friend, Liz, and I usually spend one day a week together doing something.  Well since Thanksgiving, we have hardly seen each other.  So, this Friday and Saturday, we had a Twilight weekend.  We watched the first 2 movies on Friday then the last 3 on Saturday.  I brought my crochet to work on while we watched the movie.  I bought this Bucilla kit at Hobby Lobby over 15 years ago on the reduced for quick sale aisle.  I had started this kit back in December and had completed 10 of the blue and white squares.  I have to make 24 blue and white squares and 24 sunflower squares.  I didn't tuck the ends on the blue and white square.  So, I spent most of Friday on tucking the ends.  I finished the other 14 blue and white squares over the two days. 

Over the weekend, a tornado hit Hattiesburg and Petal (towns near where I live).  The power was out where I worked (in Hattiesburg).  So, on Monday, we didn't have classes.  I spent the day on my couch stitching and crocheting.  I did a different project every hour.  One hour I worked on my sunflower afghan.  The completed sunflower square you see in the picture below was completed in December.  I had also made all 24 brown circles for the sunflower. I tucked all the ends on the brown circles and put the yellow petals on the centers you see in the picture.  I decided to put all the petals on all the circles then crochet the green background.  I thought it would be easier than doing each square completely.

I'm going a little out of order but I keeping the theme together.  Well once a month on Sunday, my sisters, a few of our close friends, and I get together and stitch.  This year we decided to do exchanges.  If you look at my post last week you can see where I got the pattern for making my tool.  I sewed ort contains out of triangles.  Every time I sew, I think I can do this.  And EVERY TIME I get on the sewing machine, I act like a 2-years old throwing a temper tantrum.  My sewing machine pulls the fabric at one speed on one side and an slower speed on the other.  I start out with a 1/4-inch seam allowance and end with a 1/2-inch or 1/8-inch seam allowance.  Well, what should have taken me 1 hour to make took 2-1/2 hours.  They turned out really cute but I forgot to take a picture of all of them (I made 7).

I worked on the S&BF - A Friend's house and Trilogy's - Line Up Boy.  The Boy I am going to make into a Christmas Cracker ornament for my nephew Leif.  Each year my sisters, sisters-in-laws, and I get ornaments for a niece or nephew.  We have the same ones every year.  My two are Nicholas and Leif.  I always get Nicholas a superhero that is popular that year.  Leif's ornament changes depending on his interest each year.  I think this one will be cute. 
A Friend's House - S&BF

Line Up Boy - Trilogy
 Well, I'm off to a good start this year.  I hope to continue posting each week.  This weekend I plan on working on several different projects.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Have a great day.


No comments: