Tuesday, February 20, 2018

First of February

I worked on the Mill Hill Bead Owlet - Huey.  I finished him in one day.  Yes, I sat on my behind all day and watched Person of Interest, season 2.  I really like these little kits.  I have one more to complete which is Emma.  She is really cute.

I also worked on Raise the Roof's "Love Laundry".  As I was stitching it I put one x as 2 over 3 instead of 2 over 2.  Which made the pattern off.  You can't really tell that it is off. but I noticed it when I started stitching the laundry basket.  It is one thread up from the shoes but everything else lines up.  I'm not looking for the mistake.  As Theresa says "Work it in".  So I am.

This weekend is a long weekend for me.  I am going to prepare for my stitching retreat next weekend.  I am going to the stitching retreat in Orange Beach, AL with my sisters and friend. (We went last year).  I'm taking all of my WIPs (only 18 of them).  Also, I  going to get the February Man-of-the-month by Amy Bruecken.

My sisters and I have been going to stitching retreats for several years now.  We play this game of changing our project every hour.  It keeps it interesting; keeps you from getting bored or frustrated.  One year we identified 6 different projects that we were going to work on, then each hour we would randomly pick a number that would identify the project of the hour.  It was fun.  Some weekends I do this at my home so that I can make progress on several projects.


No comments: