Wednesday, June 27, 2018

June - Mid Year Review


I started the year out with 18 WIPs.  I have added 18 new WIPs with Stitch "May"nia.   I started Amy Bruecken's Snowman Man of the Month, am doing a Stitch-a-long with my sisters and friends (Oh Say Can You Sea), started 2 large monthly projects (Country Cottage Needlework's Main Street Series and Little House Needlwork's Virtues), started and completed 4 new projects (Mill Hill's Owlets).  My finishing list is 23 projects thus far.  I plan on finishing several large projects by the end of the year.  I want to complete any project that is over a year in the WIPs box.  That would be 12 project: Blackwork roses, Blessed are the Meek, Summer Retreat, Curious Owl, 6 Fat Men, Robin Hood, Tuffet's Cupboard, Wicked Patch, Witchy Wash, Vlad's Vash Day, Santa Clothes, & Hang Ten.

The pictures to follow are a Parade of my finished works.  If I bought the patterns separately, then I count each pattern as a finish.  I apologize for the pictures not rotating.  They are right when I click on them in the file but they import sideways or upside down.
1. Be Spooktacular! by Lizzie Kate - Linen

2, 3, 4. Owlets by Mill Hill - Kits - finished Violet, Huey, & Emma this year

5. Snoel - unknown - Kit

6. Christmas Tree - Wire Whimsy - Kit

7. Photo Booth - Frank n' Boo - Bent Creek - Kit included fabric

8. Love Laundry - Raise the Roof - Silkweaver Linen

9. Snow House - 6 Fat Men - Lizzie Kate - Fabric Flair 28-ct. Blue Cloud

10. Sam's Socks n Such - Raise the Roof - Silkweaver 32-ct Cashel Castle View

11. January - Happily Every After - The Frosted Pumpkin - Under the Sea 28-ct. Looking Glass

12, 13. Main Street: Flower Shop & Coffee Shop - Country Cottage Needlework - Hand-dyed 18-ct Aida

14. Curio: Ladybird - Heart in Hand - Hand-dyed 18-ct Aida

15. Broad Stripes & Bright Stars - Cross-eyed Cricket - Millennial Blue Linen

16, 17, 18, 19, 20. Man of the Month - Amy Bruecken - called for fabric

21. Pins & Needles - Raise the Roof - 22-ct Hardanger (over 1)


22. Stoneware Cat - Priscilla's Pocket - kit

23. A Gray Hare - Lizzie Kate -Kit


If you made it this far, I am very excited.  My sister, Jennifer (of Jen's Stitching Niche on Etsy), and our friend Lisha are going to one of Katrina Boyd's Stitching Retreats this weekend in Franklin, TN.  I am excited because as I am typing this, I just finished giving my final to my June class and have submitted their grades.  I am free from campus bound, time set classes for the summer (only teaching 1 online class).  We are leaving tomorrow and taking our time going to Franklin.  We will stop along the way to shop at different needlework shops that Lisha and Jennifer want to visit.  I love going to Katrina's Retreats; everyone is easy going and I get a lot of work done.

So, thanks for stopping by.  I'm off to pack my things and get ready for the trip (gas, tire check, snacks, stitching projects, oh yeah and clothes).

Clarkey






















No comments: