Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Now for my monthly update:
Started back to work a couple of weeks ago. Still don't know if I am full time for the semester. I guess I'll have to wait until the end of September (when I get paid) to see. I'm teaching 5 math classes at JCJC. I just found out from Dr. Gifford that I am finally registered for school this semester. I hope to finish the majority of my dissertation this semester. (We will see.) I've been very busy with my house. I paint the back door and unusable heating unit the same color as the hall, as well as, the vanity the same color as the bedside table (dried fava).

This weekend I have spent stitching for my exchange group. I stitched "Spooky Time" and "Spooky Patch" both by Lizzie Kate. (They were freebies). I used DMC floss, but they turned out beautifully.


I haven't decided how I am going to finish them. Maybe ornaments or magnets for the refrigerator. I also stitched "October's 'Corn Treats' " by Erica Michaels. (Another freebie). I think I am going to make it into a treats bag for my Trick or Treat Exchange.


I have also started on the Bent Creek Round Robin that I mentioned in the last blog. I ordered my fabric (Purely Primitive, 32-count Belfast Linen) from Silkweavers. I think it will be beautiful. I also change the red thread color from Gentle Arts Weathered Barn to Rhubarb. Actually, my sister Jennifer made the recommendation. I can't wait to start this one.

I decide that I can't function with several projects going at once. Right now I have 6 active cross stitch projects, 3 active needlepoint projects, 2 afghans (one crochet and one knitting), and the beaded purse. I've decide to start with the oldest project and complete it first then move on. I think having three or 4 projects total will be manageable. So, I will work on the two round robins, one afghan, one needlepoint and one cross stitch project at this time. I have so many projects that I want to stitch but feel like I am never progressing. Hopeful, next month I will feel better about my projects. Also, I hope to post more often this month. We will see.

Thanks for visiting.

Clarkey

1 comment:

Jen said...

Cute pieces Sharon. I really like the LK piece.