Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sorry I Haven't Posted

As you know, the satellite modem was down at my house. Well my brother Pete got the part and put it in the machine. Then..... nothing happened. So now we are waiting on a technician to come out to the country and check out the satellite link and everything. Right now I am using a friends computer to post.

So what is new? I found a temporary job teaching math in a high school (the one I posted about in my last post but it is only 1 hour away). I'm teaching 9th and 10th graders Algebra I. At present we are preparing for the state test (which they need!) I now remember why I went to work at a community college. But, the students are cute, somewhat well behaved (they love to talk), and are generally easy to work with (when they aren't whining). I like working with them. I am continuing to teach one night class at the community college, and working for Sylvan. I am still looking for and praying for a permenant job at one of the local universities.

Oh, Oh, Oh! I almost forgot----my sister-in-law had her baby boy 8 days after my sister had her little boy. The new nephew was 8lbs 110z and 21 inches long. The babies are so cute. Leif is so laid back and calm while Tyler provides his opinion whenever he wants. That makes 6 nephews. Too many boys!!! Another set to play trains, swords, and video games with.

As for stitching, I have completed several things. I don't have any pictures right now but I will tell you what I have completed:
Knitted: dishtowel and two baby blankets
crocheted: an afghan (almost finished) and a dishcloth
cross stitched: finished my portion of a round robin (waiting on the next installment) and a biscornu
needlepoint: Finished a geometric square from the club I joined a couple of years ago.

I finished listening to the Left Behind Series on CD and am now listening to DaVinci Code on CD. I finished reading the Hobbit and am reading The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

Well I got to go. Thanks for stopping by. I hope to have internet access soon and will post pictures of all the things on which I have been working.

2 comments:

Lynn B said...

Hi Sharon
I have sent you an email to thankyou for the gorgeous exchange you sent to me, I was thrilled with everything you sent! I have now posted the picture on Hooked On Exchanging Too for all to see.
Thanks again Sharon, I loved it all.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new additions to your family.

I hope your internet problems are resolved soon.