Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Update - Not stitching

I am trying to get my life in order. I am suppose to be cleaning my house at the moment, the time when there is a lull in my activities. I have to be at work at 3:00 today. I've been hanging out with my friend/cousin Liz for the last few month instead of stitching, but I have several projects due this month. Right now I am working on a round robin and an ornament exchange. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the round robin and only a 1/4 of the way through the ornament but I plan on mailing both of them this weekend.

I received in the mail a wonderful surprise. I was in a Christmas gift exchange this last Christmas but did not receive a gift. Well, the person who was my Secret Santa found my gift wrapped and packaged waiting to be mailed. So, the wonderful woman went ahead and mailed it. It was a great Christmas gift with a couple of kits, some stitching tools, a notepad, and some specialty thread. I really like the gift.

I'm waiting on my round robin to come home. When it arrives I will have to do the back stitching and then put in beads (instead of french knots). It is a Christmas stocking kit that I have had for a while but haven't had time to work on it. I think it will be beautiful.

As far as a job or school, I'm still working part time this summer but I will be able to survive. I have enough money saved to make ends meet. I hope to have a full time job in the fall. School, on the other hand, is moving slowly as usual. I emailed my major professors, one is sick and the other is really busy. But, they said that I needed to send my proposal to them by July 1. Hopefully I will be able to defend the proposal in July or August. My goal is to graduate in December. If I do then it will be 20 years since I graduated with my Bachelors. Keep your fingers crossed that I finish because I am tired of being in school.

Well I have procrastinated long enough, I've got to go clean my house. Until next time...

Thanks for stopping by,
Sharon

No comments: