Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Stitching deja vue

Ink Circle's Celtic Mystery-Stitch-along
Stitched on Silkweaver - Karma
28 ct. Jobelan
using DMC floss
So as I posted last time, I had to pull out almost all of the right fish looking corner because I can't add.  Funny thing... I had to do it twice.  But I finally got it straighten out.  Also, since I was ripping out thread, I decide to redo the blue on the upper left corner.  The original blue that is suppose to go there is an lighter blue but it faded into the fabric.  So I decide to use only one blue since the pictures don't look like there is a difference in the blues.  I have completed 4-1/2 of the 18 different charts that make up this piece.  I am loving the work and the colors.  I hope to post more progress by the end of this week.


Also, I completed two patterns on Michelle's afghan.  The first was the Nooks and Crannies Square by Sally Ives and the second was the Apple Blossom Time pattern designed by Bonnie Pierce.  The Nooks and Crannies Square was fun to crochet.  I kept having to redo because I would lose track of where I was in the pattern but it was a fun pattern to do.  It turned out beautiful.  The I decided to try the Apple Blossom Time again.  At first I didn't want to do the apple blossom time because it called for E, F, & G hook; I was using K.  But, then I moved to the I hook for several of the patterns because the K was too large.  So, I tried again.  The Apple Blossom Time turned out beautiful. I now have 4 more squares to do for this afghan: (1) the Fisherman's Ring, (2) Early Harvest Square, (3) Basic Granny Square, and (4) Picots, Picots, Picots!  When I finish these squares, I will start on the squares for the Sunflower Afghan.  I can't wait to put Michelle's afghan together.  I am thinking of entering it into the Mississippi State fair this year.  We will see.

Nooks & Crannies
Apple Blossom Time



















Well, got to hit the road.  Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed the read.

Sharon

No comments: