Monday, May 15, 2017

Stitch Mania Week 2, Updates, and Finishes


New Starts:

This week I had 4 new starts.  They were Letters n' Leaves by La Di Da, Blackwork Roses by Carol Algie Higginbotham, Lucky Cats by Whiskerkins, and Stained Glass Window bookmark that I bought in Scotland.

The first is Letters n' Leaves by La Di Da.  It has only 2 colors.  It has double border of black squares.  My sister Jennifer has already completed this one.  I spent an hour on it and completed 1-1/2 sides.  It will be pretty simple.

The second was Lucky Cats by Whiskerkins. I decided to stitch it on Aida.  I have been a linen snob for about 10 years now but with my eyes...So, I had this Aida and thought it would look good on it.  I ran out of the border color for the cats and have to get some more.



The third new start was the stained glass window bookmark.  As you can see, I only spent an hour on it.  It is relatively complicated for such a small thing. 

The last is something I've been wanting to work on for a while, Roses by Carol Algie Higginbotham.I love blackwork.  This pattern has several different patterns on one project.  The last couple of years, I have gotten involved with Zentangles.  This Roses pattern reminds me of Zentangles.  It is beautiful.  I hope that I can complete it as beautifully as the pattern is.





Updates:
Here is the Owlet - Tango.  I have completed more of the cross stitching.  Once I finish the cross stitching, I will then add the beads.  The stitching is over halfway completed.  I hope to complete it by the end of the week.

The second update is Tuffet's Cupboard.  There are 4 patterns, I have completed 1 and am in the middle of the 2nd pattern.  I finished the green mirror looking thing in the red box and the spools of thread in the yellow box.




Finally, I have completed the red block for the Bent Creek's World of Color.  I am starting the "orange" block.  As I stated before, I am doing the border as I work each block.





Now for Finishes: 
Mari's Project Bags
I made Vonna's Project Pouches for my stitching group last year for our stitching retreat.  My sister-in-law and mother wanted one also.  My sister-in-law bought her fabric.  I finished two for her, two for my mother, and two for me.  They are relatively easy but I have trouble with making a straight even spaced edge.
My Mother's Project Bags
(I stitched one of each for myself as well)


 The last finish that I have is the "Road to A Friend's House" by Sisters and Best Friends.  I didn't want to put the white squares in the border.  But, my sister Jen said I should.  She was right.  It turned out great.  As I was trying to photograph it for my blog, Pearl decided that she wanted to be involved.  It took 5 attempts to get a picture of the pattern.  I  don't know how I am going to finish it.  We will see.

 


 Thanks for stopping by

Sharon

No comments: