Friday, May 16, 2008

Blogging Meme

I found this at The Floss Box and grabbed it.

Why did you start your blog?

I was moving back to Mississippi and my friend Carole suggested that I start blogging. All of my stitching friends agreed because they wanted to see what I was stitching.

How did you come up with your blog name?
Since my stitching friends called me Clarkey, I used it to make it easy for them. (They call me Clarkey because there were two Sharons in the group.)

Do your friends and family know about your blog and if so, what do they think of it?

Yes. The whole idea behind me blogging is for my friends and family. They all like it. They enjoy seeing the projects that I complete.

How do you write posts?
Generally speaking, I finish a project or do a lot of work on it. Stop take a picture. Then go to the computer and blog. I don't pre-write the blog (which sometimes I should).

Have you ever had a troll or had someone leave unkind comments?

Nope. I have it set up that people can't leave anonymous posts.

Do you check your stats?

Yep, from time to time.

Do you care how many people read your blog?

Not really. For a time there I didn't think anyone but my family and friends read my blog. Then I got a map that tracks the number of hits. I am really surprise at how many people visit. I'm happy that they visit. But, if no one but my family and friends visited my feelings would not be hurt.

What kind of blogs/posts interest you?

Most of the blogs that I visit are ones that involve stitching or ones that discuss activities that use needle, yarn, and fabric. I like to read about the project and the people who create the blogs. Sometimes I look at the blog and realize "Hey, I like that project".

What do you like and dislike about blogging?

Mainly, I dislike that what you see in the preview version of the blog is not what you see on the actual page. I don't do anything fancy on my blog; everything is straight forward. The blogging area could be a little wider; there is so much wasted space on the sides. Also I have alot of trouble moving pictures around. I wished they would allow you to move the pictures around more like a word processor.

I like to make lists. Blogging allows me to create and post lots of lists. I also like letting my friends know what I have been stitching.

Well thanks for stopping by

Sharon

No comments: