Tuesday, May 06, 2008

May Flowers and Final Exams


I have three projects to post today. First, I have a friend who loves Scottish Terriers. I sent her a birthday gift (3 months late) but I sent it. In the package were several items but the most important thing was a Scottie scissor fob with scissors. I found the pattern in an old cross-stitch book of dogs. I heard from her and she loves it. I want to make her a Scottie dog Biscornu but the patterns I have are way too big for the Biscornu. I guess I'll have to keep looking. I'll let you know if I find one.



Second, I started the Ink Circles Mystery stitch along. (By the way, they released the second square in the pattern today). While stitching, I get bored with the yellow (but not the black?) So, I use up one cut of floss then stitch on something else in the pattern. I think I am gong to like it when it is finished. My sister, Jennifer, and I picked out the recommended colors. I used DMC because I will use alot of floss. I am using Silkweavers 28ct. Jobelan - Karma. I can't wait to finish this corner and start on the new piece.

The third and final project, I started last night. I wanted to do something simple and quick. So, I went digging through my many patterns and kits looking for a specific pattern from Lizzie Kate when I came across the May Blooms for the All Tied Up series from Pine Mountain. I thought it would be quick (which it was). So I stitched on it last night. I finished it this morning, but now I have to buy a 12 by 12 pillow form to put in it. I have several 14 by 14's but not the one I need (of course).

Today I go give the last 2 final exams. One at 6pm and the other at 8pm. I can't wait for the semester to be over. But, then I have to finish doing work on my home, write on my dissertation proposal, and look for a job (maybe). I am thinking about taking the summer off, but I don't know if I can afford to do this. We'll see. I'll let you know.

Thanks for stopping by. I have to go give the exams.

Sharon

2 comments:

staci said...

Darling fob! I have a friend who loves scotties too...and I think I have the book you're talking about too!

Jen said...

Too cute! I love the fob.