Monday, May 19, 2008

Snapperville - 100% complete


Well, I finally finished the border last night about 1 am. I am very pleased with the results. I made some changes to the threads. I changed the color for several things. I used: Old Oak tree for the swirls at the top, Gold Leaf for Schneckley, Black Coffe for Onyx, Cinnamon for Rust, Black Hills for Seaweed, Dark Chocolate for Swamp Water, Whitewash for Toasted Marshmallow, Dried Thyme for Kudzu, and Virginia Beech for Shaker White (and in the last square for Harvest Basket). I think I made some more changes because I really don't like to use WDW thread; I'm sure I found replacements for all of them in the project. I think I started this project back in October of 2007. I don't know the specific date but I do know that I had finished the 2nd square in early November and I started it after the retreat in early October (the fabric is from the retreat). I am very happy with the results and can't wait to frame it. I will post a picture when it is framed.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Looks great!! I want to start this one soon.

Paula C. said...

This turned out very nice! What do you plan to start next? I want to stitch the summer snapper set but still need to order two more of the charts for it. Not that I don't have anything else to stitch, lol!

Lisha said...

Yeah!!! Looks good!

staci said...

Congrats on such a great finish!!!

Sharon said...

What a great finish! Congrats!