I started this project in 2009 or 2010. I used leftover linen from a project that I did about 15 years before and DMC floss. The dress used as many as 5 colors of yellow. I had made it this far by January 31st of 2010.
|11-14-2010 to 01-02-2012|
I have two pictures of this part. One is dated November 2010 and the other is dated January 2, 2012. So between January 2010 and November 2010, I made this much progress. I don't know why I didn't work on her for the next two years. I may have been working on other large projects.
From January 2012 to January 2013, I only put the bow at the back into the project. Again, really slow progress
For this picture, as you can see I made some progress in a year and a half. At some point I dropped my pink highlighter on the light yellow part of the dress and had to pull out the stitches and redo them. I became a little discouraged and put it away.
At some point, probably January of 2015, I decided to work on her again and finish her in 2015. I made great strides on her, as you can see here. But I didn't make the 2015 deadline.
This is the progress that I made between September 2015 and January 2016. So, I decided to complete it in 2016. At first I wanted to complete it by March but I missed the deadline.
So when classes let out in May, I was determined to finish it by the end of May. I worked every day on it. Here you can see the greenery around the top with the missing flowers.
|05-27-2016 - My Birthday|
While here (3 days later), I have most of the greenery finished and half of the flowers
Finally on June 1st, I completed the project. I washed her and ironed her. I will have my sister, Jennifer, frame her for me when I choose the frame. Right now she is hanging on a hanger on the curtains in my living room. She is beautiful.