Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 20 - 26th -

So this week I have been sort of busy.  I have been cleaning my office/craft room.  I have decided to get rid of the desk (it only works as a catch-all).  Instead I am going to get a futon from my sister and put in the room instead.  I have on one wall two of the 9 cube units from Target.  I am going to move them to where the desk was by the window and buy 2 more.  That should take care of all the mess.  I think I will the use of space would be better.  Below are pictures of my before and after 1 hour of work.  I am still working on it.  I have to sell the desk first to get it out of the way.  there is not much space in the room.  (You are seeing most of the room in the pictures.) 
Before
After

I have also completed my secret project for the girls trip at the end of July.  I will post pictures then.  I had a good time making them but I don't want to sew on a sewing machine for a while.  They turned out relatively well considering I can't cut or sew a straight line that is perfectly square.

Below are two projects that I finished this weekend.  Up first is the coffee cup with saucer for my sister Jennifer.  I got the coffee cup pattern from crochetjp.com .The cups are really cute.  I got the saucer and whipped topping from Annoo's Crochet World.  My sister Jennifer loves the cup.  My nephew Theron, who has loved coffee since he was a baby, wants one but in blue.  Theron chose where to put the whipped cream. He did a great job.
Cup of Coffee with whipped cream

The next project that I finished was for my cousin, Liz's, daughter Michelle.  She graduated from Pearl River Community College's Cosmetology School today.  She wanted a "wildcat" in a graduation cap to give to her instructor.  Here is the a picture of the "wildcat".  It turned out really cute.  The cat pattern came from bethsco website.  I Frankensteined the graduation cap using patterns from  Petals to Picots and one of my favorite amigurumi designers Stephanie Jessica Lau (she made the spring bunny pattern that I like to crochet).  Michelle loved it.  I hope her instructor loved it also.
Graduating Wildcat
This week I am working on my rag rug (18 rows left to go) and  Sam's Socks...Such cross-stitch clothesline.  I plan to finish both this week.  Especially since tomorrow is the end of my summer class.  I will post more on Sunday.

Well thank you for stopping by.  I appreciate the visit.

Sharon


No comments: