Thursday, March 23, 2017

Spring Break - London & Edinburgh

I went on my first international trip this month.  We flew from New Orleans, LA to Newark, NJ then to London.  We left Newark at 6:30 pm and arrived in London at 6:20 am.  We dropped our bags at the hotel and hit the town.  We stayed up all day and went to the London Tower to see the crown jewels, the Tower Bridge, Westminster Abbey (which was closed), then back to the hotel to freshen up before going to Piccadilly Circus for supper.
fish n chips before touring the Tower of London
The Tower Bridge



Big Ben
Westminster Abbey


Resting on the tube back to hotel

Piccadilly Circus
The second day, we went to Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guard.  Where I stood were some rude people who put their children on the fence so no one could see (their kids could see over the brick area of the fence).  I recorded it and watched what I could, then over to Churchill's War Museum.  Then we went to Trafalgar Square.  I went to the National Art Museum.  I only got to see half of it but I loved what I saw.  After supper, we went to King's Cross Station to have our picture taken at Platform 9-3/4.

Buckingham Palace

Churchill's War Museum

National Art Museum

Some of the art that I liked

Some of the art that I liked

Oops, I didn't make it on the Platform


 Monday was not a very good day.  We didn't plan well; hindsight is 20/20.  We had the boat tour on the Thames River, walked from the Tower Bridge to Shakespeare's Globe Theater (could tour because play for local schools was being presented.  So went to the museum.  Walked from there to the London Dungeon's Tour (great tour) and then the London Eye (awesome view).  We ate supper at Harrod's (I ate in the Tea Room with Rudy).

Model of Shakespear's Globe

View from the London Eye

 

Fish Pie at Harrod's Tea Room.  Yummy


 Tomorrow I will post about the Scotland portion of our trip.  I have to leave.

Sharon

No comments: