Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Edinburgh was an incredible time

So, we left London at 8am on a train (my first).  The train trip was great.  I enjoyed the countryside.
Once we got there, we were nearly blown away by the wind,  We walked to our hotel to check in;  the Holiday Inn express which had larger rooms than in London.  We spent the rest of the day shopping along the Royal Mile.  We ate lunch at the Whiski.  I didn't order but did eat haggis.  It wasn't good.  I thought it would taste really bad, but it didn't.


We spent the second day visiting attractions.  We walked from our hotel to Edinburgh Castle.  It was amazing.  I didn't get to spend as much time there as I wanted but I was happy to see such an ancient place.  Then we walked to Holyrood Palace. Holyrood had an audio tour which I enjoyed.  I wish I could have taken some pictures but they didn't allow it.  We left at around 4:30 to go back to London.  I wish we could have stayed another day and saw more of Edinburgh than just the Royal Mile.
Edinburgh Castle

Holyrood Palace
 Next Stonehenge & Bath.

No comments: