Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Stonehenge & Bath

Oh my goodness, the day we visited Stonehenge and Bath was my favorite day.  I love Stonehenge.  I drained the battery on my camera taking pictures from all angles.




Shuttle to Stonehenge
Stonehenge from the back


After Stonehenge, we went to to the city of Bath.  We toured Bath Abbey with the angels climbing Jacob's Ladder.  It was amazingly beautiful.

Bath Abbey

 Then the Roman Bath's and the museum that contained a lot of ancient stone works.
The Roman Bath
We then had a proper tea at the  Pump Room.  I really enjoyed the scones, and the sandwiches, and desserts.  I didn't enjoy the caviar.  I gave it away.
Full tea at the Pump Room
On our last day in London, we toured Westminster Abbey and did a Harry Potter walking tour.  Westminster Abbey was an amazing place with ancient sarcophagus.  We weren't allowed to take pictures inside.  I got to see the grave of Charles Darwin, Sir Isaac Newton, Mary Queen of Scot, and many more.
Westminster Abbey
A sign outside the Abbey
the other sign at the entrance
the site of The Leaky Cauldron

Our tour guide

site of Harry & Mr. Weasley go to Ministry of Magic
also, where Harry, Hermione, & Ron used Polyjuice Potion to
enter Ministry of Magic


Another shot of area & tour guide


setting for Knockturn Alley
setting for Diagon Alley
We had a great time.  I am so glad that I went.  Next school year we are going to New York.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: