Wednesday, January 04, 2012

WIPs to be completed this year

So, I decided to take pictures of the WIP that I have planned to finish this year.  I wanted to see the progress that I make as I work on each pattern.

Rose of Sharon - Mirabilia

The first pattern is the Rose of Sharon by Mirabilia.  I bought this pattern back in 1992 or 1993 from Stitch and Frame in Lafayette, LA when I moved to town to go to college.  I have wanted to stitch this for years but never got around to it.  Well last year I started it but I don't remember when.  So this year when I start a project, I am going to write the date down in my planner.  I have stitched most of the girl but still have the archway and flowers to go.  I wish I was the type of person who could modify the pattern because I would like to add beads to the dress like Nora Corbett did on her mermaid patterns.  I am stitching it on a 28 ct. blue linen that I had leftover from when I stitched the Precious Moments Noah's Ark for my nephew approximately 16 years ago.  I am using DMC floss.

Celtic Mystery Stitch-a-long - Ink Circle
The second pattern is the Celtic Mystery Stitch-a-long by Ink Circle.  I have completed two of the monthly squares and part of two others.  I am stitching it on Silkweaver's Karma - 28 ct. Jobelan with DMC floss.  I started this in August 2008 but as usual got sidetracked when working on it.  I hope to finish it in 2012.
Tiramisu - EGA GCC
The 3rd pattern is Tiramisu by Dakota Rogers.  I have signed up twice for this EGA Group Correspondence Course but, as usual, I was sidetracked and missed the evaluation process.  The pattern is being stitched on Silkweaver's Banana Splash - 28 ct. Lugana with shades of orange DMC floss.  The pattern is "A reversible Spanish Stitch Sampler from 16th and 1th centuries Italy" blackwork.  I love blackwork!!

Quaker Halloween Bat - Workbasket
 The 4th pattern in the Quaker Halloween Bat by Workbasket.  I am not really into Quaker Patterns but I did the Owl in this pattern last year and wanted to do the bat.  I am stitching it on Silkweaver's Rock Quarry - 28 ct. Lugana.  The thread I am using is Olde Willow Stitchery Hand-dyed Threads #110 - Dracula's Cape.  The funny thing is that I had two different dye lots so the threads are really different.  One is a silvery, purple color and the other is a silvery, gray color.  So I an using one thread from each dye lot; it's looking kinda cool.

Wild West
The 5th pattern is a kit from Janlynn called Treasure Map.  The pattern is on Aida and come with the thread.  My sister Bridget volunteered me to stitch it for my sister-in-law Mari about 5 years ago.  So I want to get it done before Theron gets too old to appreciate it.  This one has two large pictures (one of which I have finished) then lots of little pictures and words.

Ricky's Afghan
The 6th project is Ricky's Afghan.  I am crocheting the August pattern from "A Year of Afghans: Book 14" from Leisure Arts.  The yarn that I am using is Red Heart's Dark Orchid.  I am almost finished with it.  I hope to finish it tonight.  But probably not since I need another skein of yarn.  My brother loves the color and the length since he is 6'2".

Hobbie's Afghan

Last but not least is the afghan for my brother-in-law, Hobbie.  I am stitching June from "Birthstone Afghans" from Leisure Arts.  I am using Red Heart's Zebra Yarn.  This pattern is one row pattern repeated.

Well got to go.  Thanks for looking at my projects.  I will post updates more often this year.


1 comment:

Jen said...

This is a doable list of projects. And, by the way, Ricky is only 6'1".