Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What's going on?

Well, I took up knitting again. My sister and sister-in-law are both due in February. So, I decided to knit a baby blanket for each. Since it had been a while since I knitted the last blanket, I decided to knit a dishcloth. It was a good thing that I did it first. Got all the oops! out of the way (for the most part). Right now I have knitted the first 26 rows for both blankets. I have to repeat the last 20 rows until the blanket reaches 36 inches then 6 rows later of the knit stitch only and I will be finished. One is in honeydew green and the other is in sunshine print. I also started an crocheted lap throw that will be finished today (I'll post it tomorrow.) At the same time I have two exchanges due out next week: HoE Lizzie Kate and HoE Valentines.

But the worst part of the whole week was..... I have to find a job. Where I was working (a community college) they cut me back to one class this semester. I have been working as an instructor at community colleges and universities for the past 13-1/2 years. It is very hard to find a job outside of education. I have put in applications at the local hospitals and clinics, hobby shops, bookstores, temporary worker services, and banks. I have to go be fingerprinted to be considered for substitute at the local area schools. I am a little worried but the lord will provide. (In church this week the pastor's wife read a story about Mr. Buzzard and Mr. Hawk discussing breakfast and religion. And Mr. Buzzard's comment was the Lord will provide.) So I am trying to be optimistic.

Also I registered for classes at UNO. I hope to finish my degree this semester. I really need to finish it this semester. The amount of money that I have put out for this will never be recomped once I finished. I really don't know if it was financially worth it. I know for my self it has value but moneywise not really.

This week has been a rough week. After tomorrow night, I think I will just let it all go and stitch until I can't stitch anymore.

Well, sorry for complaining. I am going to be optimistic. Like Mr. Buzzard said "The Lord will provide." I must have patience.
Thanks for stopping by.
Sharon

1 comment:

Shelleen said...

things will work out for you. DH and I have had a lot of financial problems and just when we are about to give up something always happens. Hang in there.