Saturday, March 29, 2008

Christmas Ornament Exchange







I finished my March exchange Christmas Ornament. It is a variation of the O Tannenbaum pattern by Jane Timmers of Fancy Work in the Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Edition.

I used the two large trees from the pattern but I used thread from DMC, Kreinik. and Wildflowers by Caron. I think it turned out cute. I didn't have all of the thread called for in the pattern so I improvised. I hope that Gina likes it. Since our group (crazy for cross stitch C4C) will terminate at the end of the month. It will be hard to complete an ornament a month but I will continue to try. I have 5 ornaments that need to be completed by Christmas. So that leaves me 4 ornaments to do just because. You see I joined a sub group of the EGA Cyberstitchers that stitch an ornament a month. With my exchange I was also in the ornament a month group. Since the C4CS group had a deadline I thought I could use them both to make my goals. Now, I don't have deadlines. I don't work well without deadlines, but we will see.

2 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

Love the ornament and your variations. Great job.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely ornament!